Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Timing

The Irony of it was hilarious.

I have an Infy Titan Watch (courtesy of Billion Dollar celebration circa 2004). The leather strap had come loose a couple of months back. Without a device to measure time, I was left with the hardship of fishing out my mobile from my hipster to see time. Remind you, that means removing the glove in negitive celsius temperature with wind chill. The option of getting another watch was dismissed as I perfer not having a "step-watch". But looking at the half strapped watch lying next to my wallet every morning, did not help ease my time management.

Finally, after making it through my to-do list, the day arrived when all final ingredients were in place for me to "save my time and effort" in looking "for time". I was trying to loop the strap by dislodging the spring loaded restrictor (Please pardon my self terminology) with the watch angled down.

At that moment, two incidents occured, leading me to wonder about what destiny has in store for me.

Incident 1: The dormant restrictor sprung in the other direction leading me in a half hour quest in retrieving it. I was fortunate to hear the sound on its rebound from the blinds thereby restricting my probability search to that part of the carpeted bedroom. Wierd.

Incident 2: After spending another half hour in aligning, super gluing and replacing the restrictor ( Phew! ), I noticed that the time was still in DST. While changing the setting with just 3 button punches, the battery gave out! What horrible bad timing! Wierder still.

The irony of the whole situation was that I wasted one hour of my time trying to save time and ended up in still losing the time I was trying to save and the watch itself!